Fall and Spring Semester UNO Courses
Black Studies: BLST 3120-001
Political Science: PSCI-3120-001
Arts and Science Bldg.
Monday/Wednesday @ 11:30am
(1) To instruct on the evolution of Black Politics, beginning with the passage of the 15th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and the major historical events affecting Black politics up to and including the current era.
(2) To provide a perspective on the major historical and current events that have impacted or are impacting Black Politics.
(3) To provide insight into Black Politics during and since the passage of the 1965 Voting Rights Act.
(4) To provide a perspective on Presidential Politics.
(5) To provide insight into the current Black political landscape from a national Black political resource: Instructor Preston Love, Jr.
African American Politics
Kendra King, Edition 1
Publisher: Wiley (January, 2010)
Preston Love Jr.
Publisher: Preston Publishing
(June 23, 2015)
In addition to the text, instructor will provide powerpoint material, relevant papers and articles, and other readings as assigned.